Memphis is a spectacular city with a rich history. Here are just a few of the things that make Memphis unique:
No more long commutes to work!
- In a survey of 26 major cities in the United States, Memphis was found to have the second-shortest average commute.
Memphis is a great place to have fun!
- Memphis has been named one of National Geographic Magazine’s Top 20 must see places.
- Greatist included Memphis in its 2015 list of "20 Best Cities for 20-Somethings". (We think Memphis has a lot to offer for people of all ages, too!)
Memphis is a great place to work!
- Memphis has been ranked 28th on Careerbliss.com's happiest cities in which to work.
- Ranked 4th “Happiest City for Job-Seeking Grads” by Forbes.
Memphis is an affordable city!
- Tennessee has no state income tax.
- The cost of living in Memphis is consistently 12% lower than the national average according to the quarterly ACCRA cost of living index.
- MoneyCrashers ranked Memphis the #1 most affordable city in the United States!
Did you know?
These movies were filmed right here in Memphis:
- Cast Away (2000)
- Hustle & Flow (2005)
- The Client (1994)
- Walk the Line (2005)
- 21 Grams (2003)
- The Firm (1993)
- Great Balls of Fire (1989)
- Forty Shades of Blue (2005)
- The People vs Larry Flint (1996)
- The Rainmaker (1997)
- Mystery Train (1989)
- Nothing but the Truth (2008)
Looking for a good book? Try these books set in Memphis.
We love the feeling of acceptance and kindness we have found in Jewish Memphis - there is so much to do and explore in this diverse city!
Jeff and Abbey Cowens